- A $1,020,000 settlement for two Indiana clients who were severely injured in an automobile accident where they were passengers in a vehicle driven by a friend. One client suffered a broken hand and the other suffered a brain injury and broken leg.
- A $1,000,000 settlement for a client who suffered a brain injury and pelvis fracture when the motor vehicle in which she was a passenger was t-boned at an intersection by a vehicle whose driver was disregarding pertinent traffic laws.
- A $750,000 settlement for a police officer who suffered a mild traumatic injury when he was rear-ended on the expressway while on duty. The occurrence of a brain injury was hotly disputed by the defendant. Since the injury occurred while the officer was at work, a workers compensation claim was also litigated on behalf of the client and a permanent total disability award was achieved.
- A $737,500 settlement for a client who suffered debilitating rib, neck and shoulder injuries in a head on collision on a rural highway in Indiana. Causation was disputed relative to the shoulder injury. The client was required to remain off work due to a shoulder surgery 10 months after the accident for a condition that existed prior to the accident. The client had been released back to work after his neck fusion surgery which occurred 5 months after the accident. He was released back to work from his neck surgery and then required shoulder surgery.
- A $650,000 settlement for a client who suffered a fracture subluxation injury to her neck in an accident where liability was disputed by the defendant company who employed the driver of the company van that caused the accident.
- A $400,000 settlement for two clients in an intersection collision. A driver of an F250 with trailer ran a red light and crashed into a vehicle containing an elderly couple. The driver husband suffered the more serious injuries including fractured ribs and a collapsed lung followed by complications including a bleeding ulcer and a deep vein thrombosis in his left leg. The passenger wife suffered soft tissue injuries. There were no wage claims.
- A $260,000 settlement for a pedestrian who was struck by a passing car on Frankfort Avenue in Louisville. The evidence was the client may have been trying to beat the car in crossing the street. He had just parked his car and was crossing the street to have dinner with a friend. The client suffered orthopedic injuries to his leg, back pelvis, shoulder and ribs.
- A $240,000 settlement for a client. The client required hip and elbow surgeries due to an accident where liability was disputed by the defendant company who employed the driver of the tractor-trailer rig that caused the accident. In addition, the defendant company paid $50,000 to the worker’s compensation lien holder which had paid medical bills for, and wages to, the client. According to the Kentucky Trial Court Review the only reported verdict in Jessamine County that was higher for pain and suffering in an auto accident jury trial was $265,000 for a young lady with disfiguring facial scars from an auto accident. In that case the jury awarded $200,000 for past pain and suffering and $65,000 for future pain and suffering. In this case the hip surgeon and elbow surgeon both testified the client was fully recovered from her injuries.
- A $173,000 jury verdict in Hardin v. USF Holland where Mr. Hardin was sitting at a stoplight when he was rear ended by a USF Holland tractor-trailer. He suffered back and shoulder injuries. The case was tried to a $173,000 jury verdict.