Brennan was born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky. He graduated with honors from Saint Xavier High School before attending Western Kentucky University where he graduated cum laude. Upon graduation, Brennan returned home to attend law school at the University of Louisville’s Brandeis School of Law.
Brennan is a plaintiff’s attorney, and he takes great pride representing individuals against the large and powerful. Brennan’s law practice typically focuses on litigation of civil rights violations, employment disputes, and personal injuries. Since starting his own practice in 2013, Brennan has litigated cases to verdict on behalf of individuals throughout Kentucky and southern Indiana through administrative hearings, EEOC claims, arbitrations, trials, and appeals at both the federal and state levels of the judiciary.
Brennan has obtained jury verdicts throughout Kentucky, including the largest jury verdict in Oldham County history of $10,528,311.35, six figure arbitration awards, and countless settlements and negotiated resolutions for his clients. Brennan’s appellate work has been published in courts across the United States, including the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago and the Kentucky Supreme Court.
Brennan is admitted to practice law in all courts of the Commonwealth of Kentucky as well as the Sixth and Seventh Circuit Courts of Appeals, the Eastern and Western District Courts of Kentucky, and the Southern District Court of Indiana.
Outside of the courtroom, Brennan is an avid sports fan and enjoys spending his time with his wife, Allie, and their family. Brennan also volunteers his time with Big Brothers Big Sisters and is active in his local community.
Areas Of Practice
- Employment and Discrimination Law
- Personal Injury
- General Civil Litigation
- Criminal Law
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
- J.D. - 2013
- Western Kentucky University
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: President's List
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Political Science, Sociology
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Steven D. Downey, Clerk
- Court Appointed Special Advocates
- Jefferson County District Court
- Bolus Law Offices
- Soergel Law Office, PLLC, Sole Practitioner